KEEP CALM AND COLOR ON
The PANTONE® Color of the Year 2016 has been announced, or should we say colors? For the first time ever, the global color authority has selected two shades – Rose Quartz and Serenity – as must-haves pigments for the year ahead. When paired, the soft pink and muted blue “embody a mind-set of tranquility and inner peace,” according to PANTONE®’s press release. Celebrate the colors of the year with lush nail and hair products from consumer favorites China Glaze®, EverGlaze®, Salon Perfect®, and BSweet™.
A warm embracing rose tone, Rose Quartz “is a persuasive yet gentle tone that conveys compassion and a sense of composure.” Wrap your nails in this gentle pink shade with nail polishes including:
- China Glaze® Let’s Chalk About It* (*new for Spring 2016; available January at Ulta and ulta.com; $7.50)
- EverGlaze® Lil’ Bow-tique (available at Sally Beauty and sallybeauty.com; $8.99)
- Salon Perfect® Put A Ring On It (available exclusively at Walmart; $3.98
Serenity is described as “weightless and airy, like the expanse of the blue sky above us.” Smooth on this cool and relaxing shade with:
- China Glaze® Secret Peri-Wink-Le (available at Ulta and ulta.com; $7.50)
- EverGlaze® Breath of Fresh Air (available at Sally Beauty and sallybeauty.com; $8.99)
- Salon Perfect® Cold As Ice (available exclusively at Walmart; $3.98)
Who says only nails can have all the color fun? If you’re looking for a touch of Serenity, try BSweet™ Spray Chalk in Misty Blue to get the fun of blue-hued hair without the commitment (available at select Target stores; $5.99).